SeaAir EBS sets new standard for Emergency Breathing Systems
Hansen Protection has really raised the bar for Emergency Breathing Systems with the introduction of SeaAir EBS. Its capability to withstand freezing temperatures, a design that enables breathing to start under water, its unique nose clip and are all factors that combined have resulted in CAA-UK approval for use in helicopter transport to and from oil rigs.
The SeaAir EBS Emergency Breathing System was a success as soon as it was launched. SeaAir EBS in combination with the world’s most intelligent survival suit ever, the SeaAir Helicopter Passenger Suit, is a unique solution where innovative technology puts the designer and manufacturer Hansen Protection leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Meets new demands – approved by British Air Transport Authorities
Hansen Protection has released a fully CAA-UK approved lifejacket with Cat A EBS, that complies with CAP 1034 requirements for helicopter crews and passengers. On January 1st, 2015, the British Air Transport Authorities imposed more stringent requirements for Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS). The new British requirements state that, amongst other things, it shall be possible to use the breathing system under water. SeaAir EBS meets these requirements. The same requirements came into force in the Netherlands in May, and SeaAir EBS naturally also meets these requirements.
Successful International Cooperation
The innovative SeaAir EBS is yet another confirmation that Hansen Protection leads the way when it comes to the design and manufacture of personal safety equipment for the Offshore, Air Transport and Maritime Sectors.
This Norwegian company made its first survival suits as far back as 1976 in connection with the start-up of oil activities in the North Sea.
When Hansen Protection now wanted to give the market a long sought after and functional emergency breathing system for helicopter crew and passengers, it was quite natural to go to the neighboring country, Sweden. The Swedish diving equipment company Poseidon is a world leader in the cold water regulators, and has been part of the successful industrial cooperation which has resulted in Hansen Protection’s SeaAir EBS.
SeaAir EBS has several major benefits when compared to the competition, and is the market’s most complete EBS. The System incorporates a solution that makes it possible to start breathing under water, a nose clip that adapts to any nose, a design so that vomit is channeled out of the way and ergonomics that mean it is no longer necessary to bite the mouth piece to keep it in place.
- This is a total concept that we have worked long and hard to solve. We are proud to be the first in the world to make such a good solution as SeaAir EBS available, says Knut Aasle.
SeaAir EBS is mainly used in connection with Offshore Helicopter Transport. SeaAir EBS is already in use in several countries.
SeaAir EBS is integrated in the SeaLion Europe lifejacket and SeaAir Survival Suit. Both of these are EASA and ETSO approved. SeaAir EBS is, in addition, compatible with Hansen Protection’s SeaAir Helicopter Passenger Suits already widely used on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
SeaAir EBS Facts:
- Works in freezing temperatures, a feature SeaAir EBS is alone on in the market. EN 250 Cold Water Approved.
- Ergonomic, protective mouth piece for safe breathing.
- The user does not need to bite on the mouth piece to hold it in place.
- A nose clip that fits all noses.
- Even though a user may vomit in the mouth piece, it is possible to keep breathing, thanks to a unique design that channels away any vomit.
- SeaAir EBS has a manometer that clearly shows the system is ready to use.
- Designed and manufactured in cooperation with the world’s leading provider of professional diving equipment, Poseidon Diving Systems of Sweden.
- Can be integrated with the SeaLion Europe lifejacket and SeaAir Survival Suit, both of which are EASA ETSO approved.
Click on these links to find out more:
"SeaAir EBS SeaAir":
The Emergency Breathing System, SeaAir EBS, is supplied as an integral part of the SeaAir Survival Suit.
"SeaAir EBS SeaWind ":
The SeaWind Survival Suit, in combination with the SeaLion Europe lifejacket and the SeaAir EBS emergency breathing system.
Knut Aasle, General Manager, Personal Protection
Tel.: (+47) 900 50 115