Hansen Protection and Statoil sign long-term agreement
Hansen Protection have agreed to supply Statoil with several thousand survival suits during the next seven years. A further extension to this recent agreement could mean deliveries up to 2026.
One of the world's leading manufacturers of survival suits, Hansen Protection AS based in Moss, Norway, has just extended its previous contract with Statoil. This means the Norwegian manufacturer will deliver thousands of survival suits to Statoil operations in Norway for many years to come.
The survival suits covered by the agreement are among the most advanced in the world. They will be manufactured at Hansen Protection’s facilities in Moss. The contract with Statoil is the biggest ever made on the Norwegian Continental Shelf for survival suits. The suits will be used at all helicopter bases in Norway.
Made in Norway
- We have the necessary expertise and production capacity to fulfil this contract in Moss. The agreement creates predictability and job security for the future, says CEO of Hansen Protection, Terje Gorm Hansen.
- This is a very important agreement for Hansen Protection. And we are particularly proud that production will take place in Norway, he said.
Hansen Protection employs approximately 90 people in Moss. 50 are involved with the production of survival suits.
About Hansen Protection:
- High-tech company with production facilities in Moss
- Over 100 years’ experience manufacturing in accordance with stringent quality requirements
- Main business area is the production of survival suits for offshore and maritime sectors
- Produced their first survival suits in 1976 when oil activities started in the North Sea
- Also produces boat canopies and covers for the largest leisure craft manufacturers in Norway
- Delivers a range of products to the agricultural & industrial and healthcare sectors
Hansen Protection employees and CEO Terje Gorm Hansen celebrating the new log term Statoil contract after it was signed. (Photo: Terje Holm)
Knut Aasle, General Manager, Personal Protection
Tel.: (+47) 900 50 115